authentication via LDAP fails

Viktor viktor at cs.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jun 19 06:40:56 PDT 2008

Hello,

as described in my message "authentication failure / Require group fails" from yesterday in the forum cups.general, cups seems to not lookup via ldap while searching for a member of a certain group.
Please read thread of:
http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?s16375+gcups.general+v16375+T0

In cups.general I did not receive a solution for my problem.

Is it correct that cups does never find out, if a user is member of a group that is not mentioned in /etc/group but only in the ldap-database of a ldap-server which is responsible for authentication to be done on the printserver?

In fact, I am not able to make cups authenticate users and groups via ldap. Is there some special thing to do? Probably I am too clueless :-(

You can find more details in my message:
http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?s16375+gcups.general+v16383+T0

Thanks for any help.
Viktor