Absolutely No WL print with HP1320 & DLink DP-311P & LinkSYS WAG354g ADSL Modem / WL AP / Router

svobi i-lists at synass.net
Tue Mar 4 00:41:54 PST 2008

Hello CUPS experts
This is my first posting to CUPS ! ;-)

I need your advise and guidance:

With absolutely NO success till now and for quite a very very long I am trying to get a HP LJ1320 running !!

It's very frustrating because a Canon BJc-6100 under same conditions works like a charm !!! ;-D

192.168.nnn.120 is ADSL Modem / WL Access Point / Router
192.168.nnn.183 is the DLink DP-311P for the Canon BJc-6100
192.168.nnn.184 is the DLink DP-311P for the HP LJ 1320
192.168.nnn.2xx are the IP addresses of the workstations

However and whatever I set ...
... absolutely NO print goes to the HP:

socket:// ...
and many others given from CUPS list !!! ;-((

Are you having help or idea what I am doing wrongly ??? ;-|

The Canon has another big benefit against the HP:
It can be set start printing automatic when a job comes to the queue and
stops automatic again after its pre-set time of 10mins without any prints !!!

It would be phantastic birthday gift if I am able to get the HP running finally after more than 2 years of endless tests, try's and re-try's !!

It's not running under OS/2 Warp 4, Win XPP and
now under Ubuntu / Linux ! ;-(((

Your assistance and help is hot awaited. ;-)

TIA and cheers, svobi