[cups.general] Repetitive Error Message: /printers/printers no good!

Lou H. Goddard goddarlh at HBCS.Org
Tue Mar 4 09:53:08 PST 2008

Franz,

> is also samba on this cups-server?
Yes.

> to suppress the message I created a dummy printer "printers"
Thanks for the suggestion.  When the next maintenance cycle comes
around, I will try that out and let you know what happens.

> On my servers it occurs since samba 3.0.26a.
It looks like I'm using a slightly older version of Samba than you.
I am on RedHat ES4 Update6 with the following cups and samba packages
installed:
cups-1.1.22-0.rc1.9.20.2.el4_6.5
cups-libs-1.1.22-0.rc1.9.20.2.el4_6.5
libgnomecups-0.1.12-5
hal-cups-utils-0.5.2-8.2
samba-client-3.0.25b-1.el4_6.4
system-config-samba-1.2.21-1.el4.1
samba-common-3.0.25b-1.el4_6.4
samba-3.0.25b-1.el4_6.4

Thanks for your time, Franz.
I'll let you know how things turn out.

Lou Goddard

       ------------------  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE  ---------------

  This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
 intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged confidential information
 protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
 of this message is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
 contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this message.

       ------------------  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE  ---------------
				--------
  This message has been scanned for viruses and	dangerous content by