Authentication question

Michael Ashburn ashburn at surf-gate.com
Fri Mar 7 10:17:46 PST 2008

I have a strange situation. I have a customer with both MAC OSX and Ubuntu Linux systems. When they install the PPD for the Sharp MX3510N on the OSX, it has the ability to use Authentication where they enter a user number that has to be entered at the imager side to print the document. However, the same PPD for Linux does not have that feature.

Is there a way I can enable this feature on the Linux side or does that require a rewrite of the entire PPD?

Thanks!

PS - please don't say to contact Sharp - they do not write the PPDs for CUPS.