CUPS 1.3.5: Cannot use printer ShortNames

Evan Bradley ebradley at williams-int.com
Thu Mar 13 13:57:37 PDT 2008

My humble apologies to all those using the CUPS mailing list.

I use only the cups.org forums, and the two previous posts did not display correctly when viewed online.  I just happened to find those posts on the mailing list via a Google search and realized that they were in fact displayed correctly to the list; which means I just spammed it with two identical messages and a third nonsensical reply.  >_<

(For any forum users that may still not have seen the original message in it's entirety, it can be viewed/downloaded here: http://home.wideopenwest.com/~ebradley01/docs/TruncatedForumPost.txt )

I am going home now and promise to keep myself away from all computers and other electronic equipment until the morning.

Again, my apologies for abusing the list, and I would sincerely appreciate any assistance on this matter...that is, if I have not already driven everyone away!

Evan