Printer stop working just before finishing the printing...

Andrei Rizoiu andrei.riz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 17:54:51 PDT 2008

Hello guys,
I have a really annoying problem. I own an ancient HP DeskJet 400 Monochrome, which is equipped just with a parallel interface. I know that there are a lot of working drivers for it.

But... i use it on a laptop (no parallel port) so I'm using it with a parallel-USB cable. CUPS sees it, I can install it. It prints just fine until near the end of the job. Actually when CUPS reports that printing is done (printing icon disappears from task bar) the printer stop suddenly.

I have the same behavior with any driver/filter I work with. I tried changing all configurations. The only thing I modify is how much text remains not printed.

There are no error in any logs(that I know of), it works perfectly on Windows (but there is an option to stop spooling and print directly to the printer). So I guess that if I could stop the spooler from finishing the job before the printing is done, than I could have it working.

Any idea about this? Can i stop the spooler from finishing early?

Thank you very much,
Andrei.