Again: Enforce grayscale on epson Aculaser

Gerd Wilhelm gw at gi-it.de
Wed Mar 19 14:02:21 PDT 2008

Hi Forum,

i need to enforce grayscale printing on an Epson Aculaser C3800N. I have read the other Threads about that topic, but the solution seems to be very printer-specific.

Unfortunetly I have never had anything to do with postscript internals before. Am I right with the Following:

With a native Postscript Printer it should be possible to place a

*JobPatchFile 2: "<<...whatever...>>setpagedevice"

to put somthing in every postscript stream witch is send to the printer?

In the Manufacturers ppd I found something like:

*UIConstraints: *EPRGBColorMode Off

Does thar mean EPRGBColorMode is the Variable I have to alter?

I would be so glad if someone could give me soe hints on that stuff.

The ppd file is here: http://gi-it.de/downloads/epalc380.ppd

Thanks in Advance for every help

Gerd from Giessen, Germany