CUPS users authentication

André Ribeiro ajoao at ipn.pt
Wed Mar 26 15:08:52 PDT 2008

Hello!

I'm using a CUPS print server together with PyKota to make user printing account, but I'm in trouble to get real users authentication (from our Active directory with LDAP support) in CUPS. This is, when I send a print job to CUPS/PyKota managed printer, the username sent is the one from Windows XP, and not the own I set in Windows (Printer -> Properties -> Ports -> Configure Port -> Use the specified user account).
One way to get this right would be to use samba and then the username sent should be right, but in order to do so, we needed to install it in all computers on our network, witch is not a good idea..

Anyone know how can I solve this, forcing users to send correct credentials to CUPS. Any help would be useful. Tanks in advance.

Best regards.
André Ribeiro