Cups - Bandwidth between servers

adrien carlyle acarlyle at couttsinfo.com
Fri Mar 28 07:25:20 PDT 2008

I have a fun scenario and am hoping someone may have an answer for me.

At present, when sending jobs to other sites, we use ghostscript to effectively compress a print job to send it over our vpn, expanding and printing it on the other end.  I am wondering if something similar happens, or is configurable, when a cups server is sending a print job to a queue on another cups server?  If so it would keep us from having to custom implement such a system etc.

Thanks!