[cups.general] foomatic-rip stopped with status 9!

Phil Dibowitz phil at ipom.com
Fri Mar 28 11:48:08 PDT 2008

Michael R Sweet wrote:
> Phil Dibowitz wrote:
>>> Recently my cups installation started failing all print jobs with
>>> "/usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed" (according to the web interface).
>> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> You might try asking on linuxprinting.org, where Foomatic is
> developed...

Ah - I hadn't realized that. My apologies for the spam, I'll send my
question over there.

Phil Dibowitz                             phil at ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming