[cups.general] Authenticated Printing (Linux on Linux) using CUPS and IPP

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Mon Mar 31 17:21:20 PDT 2008

Sorry this is slightly off topic. PrintAgent offers CUP's print-job
authentication so I believe this is relevant to your question.

PrintAgent is a component of PrintingWorks : http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks

There is a demonstration available online. The demonstration is shown
on Mac OS X. However, PrintAgent is capable of providing print
authentication on most modern operating systems including RedHat as it
is written in ruby.

PrintAgent is a free download and is licensed under the GNU GPL so you
can tailor the system to meet your requirements.

Hope this helps.