[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2766: ImplicitClasses has no effect during failover

Bernd Krumböck b.krumboeck at rewe-group.at
Fri Mar 21 02:07:23 PDT 2008

[STR New]

This bug is not specific to an operating system. We have the same problem
on HP-UX with CUPS 1.3.x (never had this problem with 1.2.x).

Sadly we had too less time and informations for further analyses.

What we have seen so far:
*) Sometimes it help to stop cups, delete remote.cache file and start cups
*) When the first workaround doesn't help, then you can install
remote.cache file from a working client. This seems to solve the problem
for a longer time.
*) It happens at least since 1.3.2 (we didn't install earlier versions on
our production hosts)
*) This problem doesn't exist in 1.2.11 and earlier versions.
*) Maybe it has to do with CUPS server crashes or restarts, but this is
not confirmed.

Our client machines:
HP-UX 11.31 (ia64) CUPS 1.3.6
HP-UX 11.23 (ia64) CUPS 1.3.6
HP-UX 11.11 (hppa) CUPS 1.3.6

CUPS version is tar.gz from www.cups.org.

I will post the configuration file and remote.cache file from an affected
machine.

regards!
Bernd

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2766