classes seem to timeout

jwalters jake at year26.org
Thu May 1 14:22:05 PDT 2008

Ok..I have my main cups server (cups1) and it sees printers from my other cups server (cups2)..I had classes setup earlier today and everything was working fine..Jobs were going between the two. Now when I run 'lpstat -c' from a client all I see are the cups1 printers...Both machines are running RHEL5 with cups-1.2.4-11.14.el5

In classes.conf on cups1 I see the printername at cups2 listed for each class but it just can't connect to the printer I assume...Here are the cupsd.conf from both machines:

cups1

Port 631
SSLPort 443
MaxClients 1024
MaxClientsPerHost 10
BrowseInterval 600
BrowseTimeout 3600
SystemGroup cupsadm
ImplicitClasses on
HideImplicitMembers Yes

cups2

Port 631
SSLPort 443
MaxClients 1024
MaxClientsPerHost 10
##Cups1 ip addy
BrowseAddress 10.10.255.54
BrowseInterval 600
BrowseTimeout 3600
SystemGroup cupsadm
ImplicitClasses on
HideImplicitMembers Yes

I'm not really sure where to go from here...It was working perfectly earlier and now no matter what I restart I can't get the classes to see the cups2 printers. All the cups2 printers are listed in the /printers screen on cups1 however...Seeing this error regarding the classes on restart.

Unknown printer jeep at cups2 on line 73 of classes.conf.
cupsdSetPrinterAttrs: Unable to get printer context

I'm hoping I just messed something up with the config and this is a simple fix.

Thanks all!
Jake