filter -Permission denied - pdf-cups
Cesar Inacio martins
cesarmartins_2004-linux at yahoo.com.br
Thu May 8 11:22:57 PDT 2008
I use a live linux: Slax 6.0.6 ( www.slax.org )
This is a new version. The cups don't work...
cups vesion: 1.3.7
I want to use the cups are incoming with slax 6.0.6 + Virutal_PDF Printer.
To do this I install the Ghostscript and PDF-cups_2.5.7 .
I configure the printer without any problem... but...
When try print to PDF, the file isn't generate right, are created a PDF file with a blank page.
After some tests what I discovery:
- In the directory /ver/spool/cups , the spoolfile is there, I can open it with KGhostview and see my print.
# ls -l /var/spool/cups
-rw------- 1 root nobody 857 May 7 16:50 c00053
-rw-r----- 1 root nobody 114307 May 7 16:50 d00053-001
drwxrwx--T 2 root nobody 80 May 7 11:02 tmp/
- Looking the /var/log/cups/cups-pdf.log , I can see the command used to convert the file to PDF, if I use it manualy , works! the PDF file are generate successfully
- After print to PDF a error occur. Looking the /var/log/cups/error_log , this is the message:
E [07/May/2008:16:50:34 -0300] PID 10032 (/usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops) stopped with status 1!
E [07/May/2008:16:50:34 -0300] [Job 53] Unable to open file "/var/spool/cups/d00053-001" - Permission denied
E [07/May/2008:16:50:34 -0300] [Job 53] Job stopped due to filter errors.
- Executing a print and monitoring the process I see the command pstops running with user "lp" .So if the permission of the spoolfile are "-rw-r-----" and owner "root/nobody" , give sense the error.
- Looking the logs file I identify the file /var/spool/cups/d00053-001 is read over stdin from "pstops" and the stdout go to /var/spool/cups-pdf/SPOOL/cups2pdf-10034 . When the pstops don't have permission to read, the output are nothing...
I was trying solve the problem modifying the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf. Changing the parameters "User" and "Group" to root/sys . Don't work...
After research over the Internet, not found any solution.
More information about the cups