Performance statistics - 1.3.7 slowness

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri May 9 10:11:22 PDT 2008

> A statistics display would ideally give me an idea of what was causing the problem. Any other suggestions?

The problem seems to have been our LDAP database, used by our Kerberos installation. When it was rebuilt, the glacial print scheduler returned to normal speed.

A statistics display for a CUPS scheduler would still be interesting and useful - if only to provide positive notice that print jobs and queries were not being processed as quickly as they should be.

John A. Murdie