FIPS Compliance

Ryan Holliday rholliday at bcssi.com
Mon May 12 10:41:57 PDT 2008

In our environment on the Windows client, we have the following registry set:
MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\FIPSAlgorithmPolicy = 1.

I'm using the Cups windows driver to send an encrypted print job to a Solaris server.

This has the effect of disabling many of the Windows cypher suites, specifically SSL 2.0 and 3.0. However, SSL 3.1 and TLS 1.0 are supposed to be available. Reading the CUPS documentation it states that TLS 1.0 should be available, so I figured that would mean I can still send an encrypted print job to the server. However, when the registry setting is set I can not send and enctypted print job, or even connect to the web page. Is their something special I have to do in order to enable TLS, or are their any special cyphers I need to install in OpenSSL?