[cups.general] Sending PS instead of PDF from an OSX client

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Thu May 15 15:31:06 PDT 2008

You may wish to look at using PrinterSetup to deploy the print queues
to your clients. It will allow you to control the protocol they use to
connect to the server as well as various other queue options.

There is a screencast online about how you can use PrinterSetup to
deploy printer queues using Apple installer packages.

PrinterSetup home page, where you can download from :
http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printersetup/

PrinterSetup ScreenCasts web page :
http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printersetup/screencasts

Keep in mind that if you would like to update these queues in the
future, then you may want to edit the example script which sets up the
printers located within the example OSX_PACKAGE deployment directory.
This is not explained in any of the the current screencasts.
Basically, the newer version of PrinterSetup allow you to tag a queue
as managed. Then when you need to add or remove queues which you are
managing you can do this without affecting any of the other queues on
the machine.

With regards the page orientation, the PrintingWorks VMware image has
some fixes for correctly rotating these pages which are sent from Mac
OS X assuming you have the problem which I have seen.

Hope this helps.