[cups.general] Odd tray usage.

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Sun May 18 16:06:01 PDT 2008

I have an HP LaserJet 2200d printer equipped with two trays, one of which is for
manual operation, this is tray 1 and tray 2 is the normal tray. Until Fedora
Core 5 I have been able to operate the printer such that if both tray 1 and 2
had paper it would take the paper from tray 1 (the manual tray) otherwise it
would take it from tray 2. As of Fedora 7 this is no longer possible. The CUPS
printer management page has a box for setting "media source". This is set for
tray 2 but for tray 1 there is a box saying "Tray 1 (manual): false or true";
however, CUPS waits for the operator to press the start button before printing
commences regardless of whether false or true has been selected.

Is this a bug or is there a subtle way of using the two trays?

--
Erik.