[cups.general] cups, ipp and cups windows drivers

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Mon May 19 09:33:30 PDT 2008

Hello,

we installed cups and samba on a server added the cups-windows printer
driver with cupsaddsmb. All works well in this configuration.

Now we would like to get a configuration without samba. I configured
cups to accept IPP connections from the whole net and I am ebla to print
  from my pc where the cups windows client was already installed.

Now to my question:

how do I install the cups-windows printer driver on a windows PC without
samba/cupsaddsmb ?
I found no .inf file in /etc/samba/drivers so it is not possible to
simply copy the files to the client and to install it from local.

Thanks
Andreas