[cups.general] Option scaling doesn't work

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon May 19 11:20:09 PDT 2008

On Monday 19 May 2008, Michael R Sweet wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> Cups is 1.3.7, x86 box, fedora 8 installed.
>>
>>>From my /etc/cups/printers.conf:
>>
>> <Printer lp3>
>> Info Brother HL-2140 series
>> Location Local Printer
>> DeviceURI usb://Brother/HL-2140%20series
>> State Idle
>> StateTime 1210793170
>> Accepting Yes
>> Shared Yes
>> JobSheets none none
>> QuotaPeriod 0
>> PageLimit 0
>> KLimit 0
>> OpPolicy default
>> ErrorPolicy stop-printer
>> Option scaling 80 <--this does not work, and logs no errors
>> Option page-left 72 <--this does work as expected, in points of left
>> margin </Printer>
>>
>> How can I either reduce the size of the default font, or make the scaling
>> work?
>>
>> The problem is that even with Option page-left 0, the result is a large
>> font that line wraps at about the 73rd character.
>
>As documented, scaling is an IMAGE option and does not apply to text
>files.

I read quite a bit of it over the last 2-3 days and that apparently didn't
register in the wet ram.  Sorry.

Ok...  Reading other manpages furiously...

Ahh, sorry for the noise Mike, I just found the -o cpi, and -o lpi options in
the lp manpage.  If they work, I should be home free.

Many Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)