CustomPageSize query

ronaly agdeppa ronaly at gmail.com
Thu May 22 20:09:17 PDT 2008

> Hmm, when I make a .drv file with these items it seems to work just
> fine.
>
> --
> Michael R Sweet                        Senior Printing System Engineer

Hi Michael,

Here is a sample drv with Custompagesize implementation. After calling ppdc, I really do not see ParamCustomPageSize in the generated PPD.
Only CustomPageSize, HWMargins, MaxMediaWidth, and MaxMediaHeight are in the PPD.

There is perhaps a difference in my setup and yours.

Here is my setup:
calling ppdc in this way : ppdc -d ppd test.drv
CUPS version:  1.3.7
DDK version: 1.2.3
OS used: Mac OS X 10.5
Machine used: mac mini

Thank you for looking on this again.

#include <font.defs>
#include <media.defs>

Font *

Manufacturer "Foo"
ModelName "FooJet 2000"
Version 1.0

Filter application/vnd.cups-raster 100 rastertofoo

*MediaSize Letter
MediaSize A4

*Resolution k 8 0 0 0 "600dpi/600 DPI"

//CustomPageSize
Attribute HWMargins "" "0 0 0 0"
Attribute MaxMediaWidth "" "612"
Attribute MaxMediaHeight "" "1020"
Attribute CustomPageSize True "pop pop pop <</PageSize[5 -2 roll]/ImagingBBox null>>setpagedevice"
Attribute "ParamCustomPageSize" "Width" "1 points 216 612"
Attribute "ParamCustomPageSize" "Height" "2 points 216 1020"
Attribute "ParamCustomPageSize" "WidthOffset" "3 points 0 0"
Attribute "ParamCustomPageSize" "HeightOffset" "4 points 0 0"
Attribute "ParamCustomPageSize" "Orientation" "5 int 0 0"

PCFileName "foojet2k.ppd"