Cups-Pdf issues

Mark mark at greatlittlebox.com
Thu May 29 10:52:41 PDT 2008

Hi there,

I am having a few problems with the newer versions of cups. First, I use a combination of cups, cups-lpd, and cups-pdf. I am now using version 1.3.7 and have the following problems.

When printing over LPD cups creates a Cover Page before printing out the document. How can I turn this off?

Second, I used cups-pdf in combination with ghostpcl to print pcl print streams from a unix to pdf files. It worked perfectly before. Now it seems that anytime I send the pcl stream to cups/cups-pdf it gets converted to postscript in the spool file. Previously the spoolfile was pcl code which I then used as an input to ghostpcl to create the pdf.

Can cups now automatically convert pcl to postscript or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Mark