[cups.development] [RFE] STR #1764: Make handling of backend errors more configurable

Petrus Rossouw petrus_rossouw at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 18:17:05 PDT 2008

[STR New]

Hi Till,

You probably saw my other STR 2555 post, about this.
Basically we now use BEH for all our printers in CUPS to retry jobs, while
preserving the sequence.
This is the only way thus far found that can do this.

I do see a need for BEH, until it or equivalent features are implemented
in CUPS or it's backends.

The only problem thus far found with BEH is that if I stop a printer while
it was trying to submit a job to the printer, it's child lpd process does
not get killed when it is killed by CUPS.
Instead the child goes to init as the parent and I have to kill it
manually in Unix.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1764
Version: -feature