[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2832: Using any printer causing system freeze

Torge tvzengen at web.de
Sat May 24 08:27:25 PDT 2008

[STR New]

Hi,
I posted here before but ony specific to one (third-party) printer driver.

I have now tried a lot of other drivers for printers of other brands and
the problem persists: As soon as CUPS loads a printer when requesting to
print a page the entire system freezes.

To revive the system, a hard reboot is necessary, followed by
removal/renaming of the 'printers.conf file.

So currently, I cannot use any printer with my system.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2832
Version: 1.2.8