CUPS 1.4 Hold-New-Jobs

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sat Nov 1 08:41:14 PDT 2008

Anton wrote:
> I need to hold All Jobs on my print/plot-server that was send by all users.
> How I can use Hold-New-Jobs option to hold all jobs?

The Hold-New-Jobs operation isn't for this purpose - instead, it is
used to stop printing after the current job and hold new jobs until
printer maintenance can be completed.

What you want is:

     lpadmin -p printer -o job-hold-until-default=indefinite

which will hold jobs by default and then you can release them as you
see fit.