lp/lpr hangs on local machine while send print job

IAV maurice.kammel at iav.de
Thu Nov 6 23:46:57 PST 2008

When I try to print a page with lpr -P [DESTINATION] [FILE] the cpu usage on my local machine grows up to 100 percent after i send the job. I have to kill the lp process. Anyway the page will be print. Same command on the printmaster works fine.

Software:

Cups on client: cups-1.2.4-11.18.el5_2.1
esp version: printpro-4.5.12-0

There was no trouble in the past until I reinstalled the esp-server (used with same config files). Therefore I am confused...

Any suggestions?