Holding new jobs by default

Bruce Gardner bgardner at mac.com
Fri Nov 7 14:17:51 PST 2008

Hi-
I currently have a mac os x 10.5.5 computer that's currently sharing a HP 9500 printer.  I would like all new jobs to automatically be placed on hold.  I can use the job-hold-until indefinite option, which works great for all jobs submitted by the by the computer that's connected directly to the printer.  If I send a job from another computer to the computer that's sharing the printer, the job is automatically accepted.

Is this correct?

In the past I've created a virtual printer using tea4cups. The virtual print spooler would forward to the 9500 print spooler with the hold option.