printed documents are cut in half and duplicated.

Shannon Fang xrfang at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 06:19:20 PST 2008

Hi there,

I got a very strange problem with printing in my newly installed mandriva 2009.  Suppose I want to print out this document:

This is the document I want to print out using CUPS
This is the document I want to print out using CUPS
This is the document I want to print out using CUPS
This is the document I want to print out using CUPS
This is the document I want to print out using CUPS

The printed out document will be:

This is the document I wa  This is the document I w
This is the document I wa  This is the document I w
This is the document I wa  This is the document I w
This is the document I wa  This is the document I w
This is the document I wa  This is the document I w

Same with images.

It becomes stranger that this problem seems only with printing from linux applications, but not from WINE applications!

I am using gnome, and printer is Brother HL-2045 using Foomatic/hl1250 driver.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!
Shannon