[cups.general] Output being sent to printer in PS format instead of raster

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Nov 9 08:57:12 PST 2008

On Sunday 09 November 2008, ulrich.lauther at t-online.de wrote:
>On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 08:42:38AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> One other item that may be of help, brother maintains linux drivers for
>> the majority of their products, and I've had great results using one of
>> their economy lasers using the driver they suggested when I emailed them.
>> I downloaded it from their web site, and it incorporates itself into cups
>> flawlessly.
>
>the driver I use IS from the Brother site.
>
>As I said, printing works fine for pdf and most ps-files.
>Just groff-generated files are not recognized as PostScript but the
>PostScript commands are printed as text.
>
>Best, ulrich

In that event, I'm in way over my head.  Suggestion, 'head' a file that works,
and one that doesn't from groff and compare.  Pretty basic, but maybe groff
is stumbling somehow.  Maybe there is an option to have it output postscript
level 2 instead of 3?  Give me a sample cli, like using groff to print a man
page, and I'll see if it works here.