Epson stylus CX6400 prints too small

Uwe Haider uwe.haider at gmx.net
Sun Nov 9 11:59:39 PST 2008

> Hi,
>
> I got a problem for several weeks now that I can't solve. Using CUPS 1.3.8 and gutenprint with my Epson Stylus CX6400 (all in one).
> My printouts all fit in the right upper corner of the A4 sheeet. Fonts are too small.
> In the webinterface (localhost:631) I can't find a setting to change this behavior. Trying to install the foomatic for my printer I got this error:
>
> Can't copy the ppd-file.
>
> Anybody out there who can help me please?
>
> uhai
> Gentoo 2.6.25-gentoo-r8
> xfce 4.4.4

Seemed to be solved now -somehow!? My printouts fit perfect to the A4-page. The only thing i did was setting Use-Flags kde, qt3 and qt4 in /etc/make.conf and a emerge -uDN world (97 files). After half the way of recompiling it works perfect again. I will return to kde, with xfce neither my printer nor my scanner or the sound works.

uhai