maxjobs setting in cupsd.conf

Steve Cohen mail4steve at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 09:25:32 PST 2008

I am looking at the MaxJobs setting in cupsd.conf. It says:

"The MaxJobs directive controls the maximum number of jobs that are kept in memory. Once the number of jobs reaches the limit, the oldest completed job is automatically purged from the system to make room for the new one. If all of the known jobs are still pending or active then the new job will be rejected.

Setting the maximum size to 0 disables this functionality. The default setting is 500."

So it is saying that it keeps track of both completed and uncompleted jobs, right? If I set MaxJobs to 0 that would mean that it never purges completed jobs. Is that correct? Is there a way to purge completed jobs but disable the maxjobs for queued jobs so it doesn't reject jobs?

Thanks,
Steve Cohen