CUPS Backend without filter

shermin sherminismail at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 03:25:18 PST 2008

Hi,

I am writing my printer driver portion inside my custom usb backend.I am trying to open my raster data inside my backend .But i think the raster stream that I am opening is wrong.I tried with Rasterviewer and it is coming properly.But raster stream opening using the program is wrong.What could be the reason.

ras = cupsRasterOpen(print_fd, CUPS_RASTER_READ);

Here print_fd is 0 in the assumption that I will get the raster data in stdin from pstoraster to stdout.

When i tried to print the ras value is giving some negative value for me.
Raster data can be opened in backened (using cupsRasterOPen)since I am filtering the filter part using "-" option in ppd.?

Waiting for your response on this.

Shermin