PDF documents only print letter

Richard Ledford richard.ledford at bankofamerica.com
Thu Nov 13 15:38:51 PST 2008

> Michael R Sweet wrote:
> > Richard Ledford wrote:
> >
> >> Sir Mike or ?
> >>
> >> When we queue up pdf documents to print, some of the pages are letter
> >> and some are legal, but we only print letter on our HP 9050 printer,
> >> printer does not reconized that some of the documents are legal and
> >> prints all pdf documents to the letter tray. How can I fix this
> >> issue?
> >

> > The pdftops filter in CUPS 1.1.x (which is what came with ESP Print
> > Pro) did not set the page size, so it won't auto-size the document.
> > The best you can do is use the "-o fitplot" option to scale the legal
> > pages to letter size.
> >
> > Alternately, you can specify legal size when printing documents you
> > know are legal size (-o media=legal).
> >

> .... or use the "alternate pdftops filter" with xpdf's pdftops version 3.02
> installed and set the default to "paper match".
>
> Helge
>

> --
> Helge Blischke
> Softwareentwicklung
>
> H.Blischke at acm.org

Helge,

Hmmm, I like your recommendation, just a few questions;

my pdftops appears to be a older version (/usr/bin/pdftops: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped) or I don't know how to check it for version correctly or not, if it is not the suggest version 3.02 how do I get it?

Also I am not sure what you mean by ""alternate pdftops filter"

I do really apprentice all your help.

Richard