PDF documents only print letter

franz.pfoertsch.brose franz.pfoertsch at brose.com
Sun Nov 16 10:14:54 PST 2008

> Mike, Helge,
>
> Is it possible to buy a new pdftops filter that will print both letter and legal pdf documents? I hate to think we have come to a dead end here, got's to be a fix or way around this is my hope?
>
> Richard

Hello Richard,

years ago I had a similar problem. I uses a Enterprise Linux distribution and my pdftops was broken.

I used cups 1.1.23. Mike told me to compile my own pdftops from the actuall cups version (in this moment 1.2.4). So I mixed the old cups (ESP) with the new filter.
I only exchanged the old pdftops with the new one. In my configuration it was necessary to configure pdftops in the /etc/cups/pdftops.conf.

The problem could be, to compile the cups on your machine.
Do you have any development packages on this machine?

Which OS are you using?

Is there a free cups available?

regards
Franz