PDF documents only print letter

Richard Ledford richard.ledford at bankofamerica.com
Mon Nov 17 08:27:33 PST 2008

> > Mike, Helge,
> >
> > Is it possible to buy a new pdftops filter that will print both letter and legal pdf documents? I hate to think we have come to a dead end here, got's to be a fix or way around this is my hope?
> >
> > Richard
> >
> Hello Richard,
>
> years ago I had a similar problem. I uses a Enterprise Linux distribution and my pdftops was broken.
>
> I used cups 1.1.23. Mike told me to compile my own pdftops from the actuall cups version (in this moment 1.2.4). So I mixed the old cups (ESP) with the new filter.
> I only exchanged the old pdftops with the new one. In my configuration it was necessary to configure pdftops in the /etc/cups/pdftops.conf.
>
> The problem could be, to compile the cups on your machine.
> Do you have any development packages on this machine?
>
> Which OS are you using?
>
> Is there a free cups available?
>
> regards
> Franz

Franz,

I wanted to send you a separate response and ask you if is was possible to get a copy of your compiled pdftops file that you compiled a few years ago. I have the same version of CUPS that you used then, and maybe I could use it and reconfigure my /etc/cups/pdftops.conf as you did. I would like to have a shot at trying it, since I am getting no were with everything I have tried.

Sincerely
Richard
raledford at yahoo.com