print landscape to a raw print queue

Gary LaBonte glabonte at ssww.com
Tue Nov 18 11:40:13 PST 2008

> Hello,
>
> On Nov 17 11:41 Gary LaBonte wrote (shortened):
> > I need to print a pre-formatted report from an application
> > to a raw CUPS queue but the report needs to print
> > in landscape mode
>
> A raw queue does not change the data in any way.
> Therefore you must pre-format the data completely according
> to what the printer needs in the application.
>

> Kind Regards
> Johannes Meixner
> --
> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
> AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex

The document, itself is fine and printed fine when sent previously to a network LPD style printer from an HP Tru64 server. We are migrating to a linux solution and while testing printing have come across this issue. A raw queue seems to be the way to go as the formatting and page layout is done from within the application. What I need to do is print the report in landscape, the printer's default is portrait. As you saying that I should send the printer command for landscape mode as part of my report?

Thanks

Gary LaBonte