Trouble printing Barcode from ESC Command

Guille curepiman at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 11:15:08 PST 2008

Hi,
In linux box, when I try to print a file, from xterm, with following content:

---------------
Name: Guille
Address: O`Higgins 4587

ESC(B^T^@^B^B^@0^@^@02042215500006

City: NY
---------------

the Epson printer (LQ2190) donĀ“t print the line that starts with ESC.

In Windows, using Secure CRT (terminal emulator) I do a telnet to linux box that contents the above file, try to print the file (in local windows printer, LQ2190 too) the printer prints all fine, including barcode.
The line that starts with ESC is a barcode Code 39.
In linux box, the mime.convs and mime.types are ready to print raw files.
I use Fedora 8
Cups 1.3.3.3
I have the same trouble with other flavor of linux (CentOS, RedHat, Mandriva, Ubuntu, etc)
Can somebody giveme some guide to resolve this trouble?
Thank you very much in advance.

Guille