preserve/enforce job order?

Klavs Klavsen kl at vsen.dk
Wed Nov 19 12:18:21 PST 2008

Hi guys,

I have a printer brother hl5250dn, where I print envelopes from the MPtray and normal A4 pages from tray2.

I have a script which sends jobs, so that the letter is printed first (from tray 2) and then the envelope is printed for that letter. I have defined different printers for each of these trays, so letter is printed to hl5250-letter and envelope to hl5250-envelope.

My problem is, that even though I can see the order is correct in the jobs list they are not printed in the order they are put in the queue :(

Any ideas as to how I could fix this?

Best regards,

Klavs