Trouble printing Barcode from ESC Command

Guille curepiman at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 19:36:57 PST 2008

> Guille wrote:
> > Hi,
> > In linux box, when I try to print a file, from xterm, with following content:
>
> Are you printing with the raw option or have your setup a raw queue?
>
> If not, CUPS will treat that file as plain text and filter it...
>
> --
> Michael R Sweet                        Senior Printing System Engineer

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your answer.
In /etc/cups/mime.convs and mime.types:

# Raw filter...
# Uncomment the following filter and the application/octet-stream type
# in mime.types to allow printing of arbitrary files without the -oraw
# option.

application/octet-stream        application/vnd.cups-raw        0       -

And using webmin, in printer configuration, I unset the native driver for LQ2190, and set instead printer driver as "raw printer".

With these configurations I believe that I assure that Cups does not filter anything, and sends everything in crude to printer.

I suspect that some configuration in .Xresources is not setted, but don`t find any parameter that affects this problem.

Again, thanks for your answer.

Guille