[cups.general] make printers belonging to a class invisible as individual printers

Bernard Massot bmassot at free.fr
Fri Nov 21 02:52:43 PST 2008

Hello,

I have a class with two printers which is working fine. However I'd like
the two printers belonging to this class to be invisible as individual
printers.
I mean I don't want them to be listed in "lpstat -a", in graphical
frontends or wherever. I only want the class to be.

I tried to use "shared no" in the printer entries, I tried various
things with "OpPolicy"s and "Location"s but I can still view these
printers.
For the moment I use cups servers on each computer (Linux desktops). But
I can switch to a central server if that can help (anyway I intend to do
so some day).
--
Bernard Massot