Restricting who can see what in the Jobs list?

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Nov 25 19:25:57 PST 2008

Jeremy Koppel wrote:
> I'm setting up a new instance of CUPS in a Gentoo VM (version 1.3.8),
> and am trying to modify the default policy.  By default, everyone can
> see all the active and completed jobs, and for our shared environment,
> this is not ideal.  I would like the owner of a job to be able to see
> their active and completed jobs, and only allow specific users to see
> all the jobs.
> How can I restrict this list the way I'm looking for?

There is a pending feature request for better per-object access
control features:

     http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2969

That said, you should be able to use your profile to implement
"gross" access controls that affect the web interface.  Please file
a bug with your cupsd.conf file and the problems you are seeing:

     http://www.cups.org/str.php

Thanks!