[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2985: https network printing fails, suspect filter bug.

Jeroen j.kleinlankhorst at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 09:43:13 PST 2008

[STR New]

Upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10 which upgrades cups to 1.3.9. Ever since I'm not
able to print to an ipp (secure) network printer anymore. I tried to
google up this problem to no avail. Error log, printers.conf and ppd files
attached.

I suspect it is ubuntu wide, but I'm no cups expert.
relevant part of error log (imo):

PID 16544 (/usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftopdf) stopped with status 1!
PID 16543 (/usr/lib/cups/filter/pstopdf) stopped with status 127!
[Job 1] pdftops filter exited with status 1!
[Job 1] Empty print file!

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2985
Version: 1.3.9