[cups.development] Kerberos multiple personalities

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Nov 6 06:24:00 PST 2008

Andy Polyakov wrote:
>> Alternative approach could be to examine
>> User-Agent field in HTTP header and assume different personalities
>> depending on outcome, specifically if User-Agent is CUPS/*, then assume
>> ipp at server identity, otherwise HTTP at server.
>
> Or better yet, see if request's Content-Type is application/ipp. As far
> as alternative approach goes that is. A.

That won't work for getting the PPD file of a Kerberized queue.

We haven't seen any other reports of problems using Kerberos
authentication with the web interface, and I've personally setup and
used CUPS with Kerberos authentication enabled with Safari and
Firefox.

What errors are you seeing in the CUPS error_log file?