[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2991: The scheduler ignores 'document-compression'

Opher Shachar ophers at ladpc.co.il
Tue Nov 11 08:18:23 PST 2008

[STR New]

To override the auto-typing of compressed (gzipped) documents one needs to
specify these attributes

   document-format=super/type
   document-compression=gzip

Unfortunately the scheduler ignores 'document-compression'.
This was tested against CUPS 1.2.4 (RedHat 5.2) and 1.2.12 (Fedora).

A proposed patch (untested) against 1.3-current is attached.

Why would I need to override auto-typing? (one use case)
=================
I seems that HTML files won't pretty-print, e.g.:
   lp -d OTOtest -oprettyprint /usr/share/cups/doc/index.html
(it will wrap words, though)
Yet, this will do it:
   lp -d OTOtest -odocument-format=text/plain -oprettyprint
/usr/share/cups/doc/index.html
(lines are wrapped but not at word boundaries)

In my case the HTML file is large and stored gzipped.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2991
Version: 1.2.12