[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3008: lp: page selection with -P processed after number-up

martin.pitt.canonical martin.pitt at canonical.com
Sun Nov 16 08:50:36 PST 2008

[STR New]

>From http://bugs.debian.org/501311:

------ snip -------
  lp -P 41-51 -o number-up=2 file.pdf

I expected it to extract pp. 41-51 from file.pdf, then convert them to
2up and send it to the printer.

I can think of two fixes:

1. In the description of the -P switch in the 'lp' manpage, explain
   that the page numbers are those after page rearrangements.

2. Change the cups filters to first select pages with -P, then
   rearrange pages.

The first fix clarifies the situation but makes it hard to use -P
with number-up, so I like the second fix.