Attribute LanguageEncoding "" "UTF-8"

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Nov 19 22:02:42 PST 2008

keens312 wrote:
> Hi mike,
>
> Set LanguageEncoding to UTF-8 is necessary for localization on Tiger.
> But Leopard requires to set it to ISOLatin.
>
> I prefer to use one drv instead of two for each OSX. How to resolve this?

Don't use the Attribute keyword, just include a msgid/msgstr combo
in your .po files for ISOLatin1 that maps to UTF-8, e.g.:

     msgid "ISOLatin1"
     msgstr "UTF-8"

Then when you generate globalized PPDs for Leopard, we'll use
ISOLatin1 for the language encoding.  When you generate single-
language PPDs for older releases of Mac OS X, the language encoding
will be localized to UTF-8.