[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3019: Configuration option to disable smart-duplex

Herman Fries hfries at intevation.de
Wed Nov 26 14:35:37 PST 2008

[STR New]

In the CUPS Release Notes:

CUPS 1.2.5 (Oct 20, 2006)
 * The PostScript filter now disables duplex printing when printing a
   1-page document.
<http://www.cups.org/relnotes.php>

This feature is handy for printing on blank paper.  But we have paper
with a company logo on one side, this feature makes it hard printing the
right side of the paper on a duplex queue:

If we print a single page, the text is on the wrong side without the
logo. If we print multiple pages, the text is on the right side.

A nice solution would be a configuration option toggle this feature.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3019
Version: 1.2.5