[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3022: Invalid server URI in printer/classes pages in the web interface

Philippe Poilbarbe philippe.poilbarbe at cls.fr
Wed Nov 26 14:35:38 PST 2008

[STR New]

When accessing to the "/printers" or "/classes" page via the web
administration tool, the server address is systematically set to 127.0.0.1
whatever was the address when accessing the page.
For example if you access: http://mycupsserver.domain.tld:631/printers you
have all the defined printers but when you try to access the printer (clic
on icon) or manipulate it (clic on buttons) there is an access error since
we are not on the machine where the cups server is running.
The ServerName directive in cupsd.conf is set to
mycupsserver.domùain.tld.
If we try whith the ip address, there is the same kind of result.
I have just upgraded the cupsd server to 1.3.9 (compiled from sources) and
it was working in previous version (1.1)

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3022
Version: 1.3.9