[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3019: Configuration option to disable smart-duplex

Herman Fries hfries at intevation.de
Thu Nov 27 04:17:10 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 08:29:14PM -0800, Michael Sweet wrote:

> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>
> But with a single page document, the single page is, by definition, always
> placed on the front side of the paper, regardless of the duplex setting.

So by definition the first page in duplex mode is printed on the back
side?

If we print one page our printers (HP Laserjet P2015 and Kyocera Mita
FS-1020D) they let the front side blank and print it on the back.
So somehow the feature is incompatible with our printers.

Can you give us a suggestion how to solve this?

--
Herman Fries - Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck
Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998