Timeout from MAC

Cristian Virgili cvirgili at dimi.uniud.it
Thu Oct 2 05:29:09 PDT 2008

Hello to All,
 I'm using in my printer server system:

 - cups 1.3.2 + pykota 1.26
 - smaba 3.0.26
 - open ldap

All printers are seeing as windows printers.

All works perfectly, but if I print a big file (> 18 MB) from a MAC OS X the CUPS of mac get this error:

Call timed out: server did not respond after 10000 milliseconds closing remote file

The printer is stopped, and the file stay in the queue, so if I restart the printer it resend the file to the server with the same behavior.

But on the server the file was received and printed, so the users often print twice the (big) file.

The are no problems if I print same file by windows.

Is it possible increase the timeout? Have I to do this on every mac or on the server?

Thank you.

Cristian